EGIR MEETING 2022
This year EGIR celebrated its 30th anniversary. The virtual meeting was on "Energy metabolism and metabolic diseases: role of different players” from 7-9 November 2022. The presentations can be accessed on demand on YouTube.
The meeting hosted excellent speakers (link to the program).
The first day’s speakers were:
- Mikael Rydén Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden ;
- Tatiana Moro from the University of Padova, Padova, Italy and
- Vincent Prevot Inserm, Lille, France.
The abstract session program on the second day was excellent ; 11 accepted outstanding standards.
This year, two eligible abstracts divided the award supported by Lilly:
- Sonja C. Schriever, Research Unit Neurobiology of Diabetes (NBD), Helmholtz University, Germany, with the abstract “Type 2 diabetes risk gene Dusp8 regulates hypothalamic Jnk signaling and insulin sensitivity";
- Domenico Trico, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, presented his work on “Lipid-induced glucose intolerance is driven by impaired glucose kinetics and insulin metabolism in healthy individuals”.
The third day was the turn of:
- Thomas Scherer of the University of Vienna, Austria followed by
- Paola Tognini of the University of Pisa, Italy and
- Sandra Pereira of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), from Toronto, Canada.
Symposium at EASD September 2022 in Stockholm
The EGIR group organized a symposium during the 2022 EASD meeting in Stockhlom entitled "Diabetes, comorbidities and the importance of inter-organ cross talk".
- John Petrie (Glasgow, UK),
- John Jones (Coimbra, Portugal).
- Cyrielle Caussy (Lyon France);
- Paula Macedo (Lisbon, Portugal);
- Amalia Gastaldelli (Pisa Italy);
- Chiara Saponaro (Lille, France);
- Andrea Natali (Pisa, Italy).
The session can be accessed through this link